Thanks to all of the team members who attended the first team practice of the season last week! We got a lot of questions answered as things got started. Team members, please review the A team webpage for the latest updates, key practice dates, and other info on the team as things get underway.
And it's not too late - we still have a few spots open on the varsity competition team for this season! 4th and 5th graders particularly are welcome to join this team. If you're interested, email Coach Erik Benson.
There will be one more optional practice on Sunday 12/16 from 2-5 PM. Next official practice is Saturday 1/12/19 at VAHS. See everyone there!
The Elementary in-school Science Olympiad program sign up has closed. Permission slips will be going out this week. Classes will begin the week of January 14th!
Final practice of the 2018!!!!
The final practice the year is Sunday, December 16 from 2-5. Let's close out the 2018 by having having as many people attend as possible and making this our best practice yet!
Science Olympiad Showcase, January 12
The B team is registered for the Science Olympiad Showcase at the NC Museum of Natural Sciences in Raleigh. We are in the morning session (approximately 9-12). We will have the opportunity to participate in practice test sessions (for select events) and there will be displays and hands-on events for many other events. I will send out additional details as they become available. I hope everyone is able to participate!
Regional tournament, March 2
The regional tournament is on March 2 at Riverside High School. This date should be on everyone's calendar!!!! Even though March 2 seems like a long ways out, the competition will be here before you know it. In order to be prepared, team members should be coming to practices AND working on their own!
Varsity Team Updates
- There is only ONE spot left on the varsity team (grades 7 and 8)!
- We need a team of two for Density Lab during Period 1.
- If you are interested in doing Density Lab AND it fits your schedule AND it won't overload you, please let me know ASAP!
- Since a lot of you already have a heavy load of events, the best team strategy would be to recruit one more person to give us a full team of 18. This person would compete in Density Lab and could also be an alternate in other events.
JV Team Updates
- There is still lots of room left on the JV team (open to grades 6-8). Recruit your friends...they will be your future teammates on the varsity team!
- A lot of the JV kids have been putting in tremendous effort at practices. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!
If you are interested in joining the Science Olympiad team, contact Connie Vance, Head Coach.
There are a few event and team spots on our JV team. Contact Devan Desai with any questions about the C team. Practices are held on Thursday afternoons in Ms. Honey's room immediately after school. Practices will resume immediately following winter break.
C team Head Coach - Amanda Honey (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Team Captains - Devan Desai (email@example.com) and Sam Williamson