Elementary In-School SO Program Update:
Science Olympiad classes are finished for this year! We still have some great activities planned for Science Night on Tuesday March 26th 5-7pm! Hope to see you there...be sure to wear your Science Olympiad t-shirt!
Competition Team (Division A):
- LAST PRACTICE before the tournament...Saturday 3/30, 9am-noon @ VAHS! Pllan to be at practice this practice for a final meet-up with your partners. If you can't make it, plan another time to meet for a final review before the competition on April 6!
- Final team rosters end event assignments. The final team rosters and event assignments were sent were sent via an email to the google group. Please review and let me know if you see any issues ASAP. I did the tournament registrations this weekend and will make changes as needed this week.
- Tips for final tournament preparations. In order to be ready for the tournament: (1) your student should be finalizing any notes that they are allowed take into the competitions, (2) make sure they have a handle on things they need to build, and (3) make sure that they are working through practice tests for their event. If you need help, let us know! The Voyager teams have some event templates to help you practice for knowledge stations and we're recruiting some of our C team high school students to help if students need it. In addition, here are some links to materials to help generate your own practice tests:
- NCSO event rules and study materials - list of all the A team events and rules. Click on your event link and scroll to the bottom for links to study materials, sites, and some practice tests!
- Science Olympiad wiki - a clearinghouse for all kinds of materials for various B/C events. An excellent resource for the advanced A team student.
- National SO event materials - this list of middle school events can provide some advanced materials and test templates too.
- Voyager Science Night next Tuesday 3/26, 5-7PM @ VAES. Science Night is next week! I hope everyone can check it out, including the showcase of the in-school program events. Wear your A team T shirt to show your Voyager Science Olympiad pride! We still need a few volunteers to help with these events (parents or middle/high school students) so sign up here if you can help.
- More Work It Out questions needed! Thanks to everyone who contributed multiple-choice questions last week from your studying! You were a big help to the Work It Out teams who are getting their all-events knowledge ready. Please bring more questions in to practice this week!
If anyone needs anything or has any questions about last minute preparation, contact me. Thanks to all of you who got back to me to confirm that you've been practicing on your own as well, glad you're all on track.
Let's get ready! GO VIKINGS GO!