From the Managing Director's Desk, Nov. 3, 2019



Dear Viking Families, 
As many of you may have heard, Laurie Whitnack, a TA in our elementary school has put Voyager on a new, national map!  Laurie was both a guest and a WINNER on The Wheel of Fortune last week! I know so many of our families and staff tuned in to watch her and we could not be more proud of Laurie and excited for her big night. 


A message of persistence and patience from Laurie:
Being on the Wheel of Fortune was an amazing once in a lifetime experience! I had dreamed of being on the show for 20+ years!
My journey started a year and a half ago at a Wheelmobile event at Crabtree Valley Mall in Raleigh. Out of hundreds and hundreds of people, my contestant card was randomly picked and I made it up on stage. 6 months later, they contacted me and my second round audition was scheduled. Unfortunately, it was the week of Hurricane Florence and my audition was cancelled. After another 6 months passed, they finally rescheduled the second audition. I nailed it!!!!!! Two weeks later, I received my letter that The Wheel of Fortune picked me as a contestant! Then, more waiting!!! Another 6 months later, they called me and asked me to come out to LA and tape the show on September 26 (my lucky number)! Finally, my dream was coming true! I fully embraced every moment and had the time of my life! And, I won!!!!!!
I want to thank all the Voyager staff, kids, and families for their love, support and encouragement along the way and for watching the show and cheering me on! I really appreciate it!  I hope that my persistence, determination and pursuing my dream is an inspiration to your kids to follow their own dreams!!!!!


Voyager Science Olympiad Elementary (K-5th) Competition Team
Does your student love science? The Voyager SO tournament team is a great opportunity to further their knowledge in science, technology and engineering. Students in kindergarten through 5th grade are eligible. Registration is open until Nov 6th! Click HERE to register. You’ll find more information about the program and links at the beginning of the registration form. Feel free to email questions to Kristin Jantz at scienceolympiadteama@voyageracademy.net