From the Managing Director's Desk, May 25, 2020

Good afternoon Vikings,

First, let me say Happy Memorial Day weekend to all of you and a big thank you to all of those who have served to protect us.

I am also very excited to share with you that after a year of discussions and earnest hard work and fundraising, Voyager Academy has finally secured two activity buses!  We would like to thank each and everyone of our donors who contributed to the capital campaign, and I would like to thank our Voyager Academy board of directors for allowing us to move forward with the purchase of buses by contributing to this momentous occasion.  The buses should arrive over the course of the next couple of weeks and will be ready to be in operation next school year. I wish you all much happiness in traveling together for field trips, athletic events, and performing arts competitions.  


Congratulations to our class of 2020!  Although our graduation ceremony tomorrow may not be what you expected, please know how proud each person on our campus is of all you have accomplished so far and for all you will do in the future. We will be safely posted in our cars to celebrate you tomorrow evening! 

This will be my last newsletter as Managing Director for Voyager Academy. To that end I would like to thank a number of people for all they have done for me and our school over the past 6 years.  I thank our former board members who gave me the opportunity to serve in 2014 and for all of those who have come and gone over the years in their support for the program and for our progress.  As always, I thank all of the parents who have chosen Voyager Academy and given us the privilege to educate your wonderful children. I especially thank those parents who have served with me on the PTO and on the school improvement team and many other committees and volunteer activities to help make Voyager a great place to be.  I certainly thank all of the teachers and faculty who believe in your children and believe in doing what is best for our students and putting their hearts into their classrooms and offices. This year, although certainly unexpected, has demonstrated what our community can do when we work together to make sure that our students are educated and our families' needs are met by doing whatever is necessary to rise above and beyond all expectations.  Finally, I would like to thank my leadership team.  It has been an absolute honor to work with each and every one of you over the course of 6 years.  You are certainly family first and friends as well.


I believe that Voyager Academy is better today than it has ever been, and hope to see it continue to grow and succeed in the future.  

Go Vikings!

Jennifer Lucas, M.Ed.
Managing Director, Voyager Academy
A fully accredited K 12 Charter School