As exemplary scholar athletes, Cole Scearce and Aaron Beasley are helping to build the tradition of achievement at Voyager Academy High School. On Wednesday, November 8, Aaron signed a letter of intent to attend Duke University, where he will play baseball. Cole signed his letter of intent to study at University of Mount Olive, where he will play on the golf team. Congratulations gentlemen. We have but one request: Please remember us when you're famous!
Cole Scearce signs to attend Univ. of Mount Olive
Aaron Beasley signs to attend Duke Univ.
CONGRATULATIONS TO MEN'S H.S. SOCCER
Congratulation to our high school men’s soccer team who played in the third round of state playoffs on Wednesday, making it the furthers in the soccer state playoffs in program history.
MIDDLE SCHOOL WRESTLING BEGINS THIS COMING MONDAY, NOV 13
Middle school wrestling will begin Monday directly after school. Meet coach Harris in the lobby. Practice will be over by 3pm. All student athletes interested in participating in wrestling, much have required online paperwork, and concussion and physical form turned in.
MIDDLE SCHOOL AWARDS NIGHTS
Middle school awards nights are 6pm at middle school gym on the following dates:
- Feb. 13th - Winter
- May 10th – Spring
BUY RAFFLE TIX FROM STUDENT ATHLETES!
Starting next week, student athletes will be selling $20 raffle tickets, for a change to win one of two $1,000 gift cards. The raffle will be held on December 12th during the halftime of the high school boys basketball game.
MS WINTER SPORTS PARTICIPATION
Parents may access the site from: https://formreleaf.com/organizations/voyager-academy
Physical Form (page 1 signed by parent/student and page 2 signed by physician):
Concussion Form (read/initialed/signed by student and parent):
If you have questions regarding paper forms, contact Nate Rice.
Thank you for your continuing support and participation. Please remember that students that wish to participate in winter sports should turn in their forms electronically and physical and concussion form hard copies ASAP in order to participate in tryouts or practice.
- MS Boys Basketball https://goo.gl/forms/a771VWjG9ZY4BdJo2
- MS Girls Basketball https://goo.gl/forms/uarmRXzwdlZ5jVg13
- MS Coed Wrestling https://goo.gl/forms/3cAPvMw7Au8aoqn72
Contact information for Coaches:
- MS Boys Basketball – Shawn Ryan – firstname.lastname@example.org
- MS Girls Basketball – Mariah Jackson – email@example.com
- MS Coed Wrestling – Deuce Harris - firstname.lastname@example.org
Parents please remember that once a student-athlete is selected for a team that athletic fees are due before they may participate in any games or matches. Fees are below:
- MS - first sport - $105 any additional sports $75
- HS- first sport -$135 any additional sport $95
able to dress for athletic contest until athletic fees are paid or a plan has been established with Coach Harris. Contact him directly at email@example.com
Please click here to see the Winter sports calendar.
Voyager Families we ask that you continue to support those that support our athletic programs. The companies below have made huge contributions to allow our student-athletes the opportunity to participate in educational driven athletics:
- North Durham Orthodontics- Who reminds us that a smile is always in style
- Emerge- who work hard to keep our athletes on the court and fields
- The Law Offices of Shelley Campen Brown - there to assist you with any of your legal needs and offering specials to Voyager Families
- Roxboro Road Chick-Fil-A who helps us feed the fire and can provide catering for any of your gatherings
- Upchurch Drugs and Gift Shoppe – there to help with all your medication, or optical needs while providing a place to find a perfect gift to just show someone you care.
- Rick Hendricks Chevrolet – Partnering with our Athletic Programs as our title sponsor for our 2016 Golf Tournament
- Rasberry Maintenance – Providing quality service for of your commercial or residential cleaning and landscaping needs
- West and Woodall - Providing for your real estate needs from Hyco and Mayo Lakes to Raleigh, Durham. Please contact them at (919)382-2000
- Andy Jones State Farm - Providing solutions to all of your insurance needs