- Next team open practice - there is NO team practice ( ).
- Event/partner questions - we're getting closer to competition on , so if you have any questions about your events, need any materials, or need to be in touch to coordinate practice times with your partners over the next few weeks, please let me know.
- Last students needed! We still are on the lookout for one or two students to join the team and fill out a couple of last events! If your student would like to recruit a friend for the competition, just let me know!
- T shirt swap - the A team T shirts are running a little large this year! If you need to exchange for another size, we have a few extra. Contact Kristin Jantz if you need a different size at email@example.com.
- Science Night & SO Showcase - volunteers needed!! - save the date to volunteer for Voyager's Science Night!! If you're interested in volunteering to put together science-related exhibits and to help set up and run the SO in-school showcase, let me know.
B TEAM UPDATES
Congratulations to the Science Olympiad B team for a stellar performance at the Durham regional tournament on March 3. The varsity team took first place in their division with an amazing score of 77 points, beating the second team place by 14 points and the third place team by 23 points. The varsity team will go on to compete at the State Science Olympiad Tournament in Raleigh on . The Junior Varsity team competed with a partial team of 11 students and earned a very respectable 72 points and 3rd place finish. Congratulations to all the Science Olympiad competitors for their hard work this year and a job well done at the regional tournament!
B Team Varsity Results
- Anatomy & Physiology - 4th place (Jordan Rogers and Toheed Bakare)
- Battery Buggy - 2nd place (Hunter Brinkley and Nate Scott-Benson)
- Crimebusters - 6th place (Aidan Taylor and Ethan Oakley)
- Disease Detectives - 1st place (Simon Ocsenas and Marcus Roman)
- Duct Tape Challenge - 2nd place (Sophia Carpenter and Xander Pennuto)
- Dynamic Planet - 4th place (Simon Ocsenas and Johnathan Harmon)
- Ecology - 1st place (Zeke Epps, 9th grade, and Jacob Galbraith, 9th grade)
- Fast Facts - 1st place (Xander Pennuto and Zeke Epps)
- Herpetology - 2nd place (Zayden Parks and Toheed Bakare)
- Hovercraft - 2nd place (Zayden Parks and Toheed Bakare)
- Meteorology - 4th place (Nate Scott-Benson and Jahlen Staples)
- Microbe Mission - 1st place (Jordan Rogers)
- Optics - 4th place (Cameron Bradley and Samara Williams)
- Ping Pong Parachute - 6th place (Marcus Roman and Jahlen Staples)
- Potions & Poisons - 3rd place (Sophia Carpenter and Xander Pennuto)
- Road Scholar - 5th place (Zayden Parks)
- Rocks & Minerals - 5th place (Cameron Bradley and Samara Williams)
- Roller Coaster - 2nd place (Jonah Ravi and Johnathan Harmon)
- Solar System - 3rd place (Simon Ocsenas and Johnathan Harmon)
- Thermodynamics - 1st place (Sophia Carpenter and Samara Williams)
- Towers - 4th place (Zayden Parks)
- Wright Stuff - 2nd place (Aidan Taylor and Ethan Oakley)
B Team JV Results
- Anatomy & Physiology - 1st place (Emma Wilcox and Neera Desai)
- Battery Buggy - 1st place (Connor Woodward and Olivia Henson)
- Crimebusters - 3rd place (Mina Mason and Sadie Whitney)
- Disease Detectives - 1st place (Emma Wilcox and Neera Desai)
- Fast Facts - 3rd place (Osaretin Ukponmwan and Kate Cunningham)
- Herpetology - 2nd place (Constantine Papanikas)
- Optics - 2nd place (Osaretin Ukponmwan and Olivia Henson)
- Potions & Poisons - 1st place (Sadie Whitney and Xuanlan Barrus)
- Rocks & Minerals - 3rd place (Olivia Henson and Kate Cunningham)
- Roller Coaster - 3rd place (Xuanlan Barrus and Mina Mason)
- Solar System - 2nd place (Emma Wilcox and Neera Desai)
- Thermodynamics - 3rd place (Xuanlan Barrus and Mina Mason)
- Towers - 1st place (Connor Woodward and Kelsey Woodward)
- Write It, Do It - 1st place (Emma Wilcox and Neera Desai)
B Team First Place Overall Winners (Combined Varsity and Junior Varsity Scores)
- Disease Detectives - Emma Wilcox and Neera Desai
- Fast Facts - Xander Pennuto and Zeke Epps
- Microbe Mission - Jordan Rogers
- Towers - Connor Woodward and Kelsey Woodward
- Write It, Do It - Emma Wilcox and Neera Desai
Special Thanks To:
- Abby Cunningham - for serving as assistant coach and sharing her Science Olympiad experience and expertise.
- Ada Gregory - for attending the Coach's Institute and sharing her knowledge with the team
- Aaron Parks - for dedication to the team and willingness to help students whenever needed
- Jerry Steiner - for his building expertise, positive outlook, and willingness to help students whenever needed
Finally, thanks to all the B team parents who supported their children by bringing them to practices, helping them prepare for events, providing moral support, and doing whatever needed to be done to help all the students be successful!