Division A (K-6) - Erik Benson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Division B (6-9) - Connie Vance (email@example.com)
Division C (9-12) - Amanda Honey (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The SO A team season is getting underway this week!
This year's A team is getting started! Thanks to all of you who have signed up, we've got a great team shaping up for this year!
- The first team meeting is this Saturday, December 2nd, from 10am-noon in the VAMS art room. This is a chance for students and parents in both the regional and K-3 competitions to meet their partners, hear about how the team will work this year, and ask questions.
- The first open practice of the season wil lbe Saturday, December 16th, from 9am-noon @ VAMS.
- There are still open spots for both competitions! Click here for signup information about the K-5 regional competition, or click here for K-3 in-school competition information.
Look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow morning. GO VIKINGS GO
Practices have been underway since October and everyone is doing a great job! We still have room for a few more students to join the team. Contact Connie Vance (email@example.com) for more information.
B Team, make sure your calendars are marked with these important dates:
1/20/18: Science Olympiad Showcase
- We got a spot in the Science Olympiad Showcase at the Museum of Natural Sciences in downtown Raleigh.
- The showcase will take the place of our regular weekend practice. It is a chance to see how well prepared you are for you event and get hands-on practice time!
- Selected test-based events will be offered as a competition (click here for the schedule). We will be assigned a time slot in the a.m. (9:30-12:30) OR p.m. (1-4).
- In addition to the test-based competition, here will also be talks, exhibits, and carts related to other Science Olympiad events.
- Towers, hovercraft, optics, ping pong parachute: you will have the opportunity to work on these events as much as you want!
3/3/18: Durham Regional Tournament
- The Durham Regional Tournament will be held on 3/3/18 at Riverside High School.
- The tournament schedule (including time slots for each period) is available here.
It's not too late to join the C team. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!